Christopher J. Lyon | Partner
Intellectual Property Litigation
The following are representative intellectual property matters in which Mr. Lyon successfully represented his clients:
- Obtained a defense verdict and attorney fee award on behalf of a micro-brewery accused of trademark infringement after a multiple-day trial in federal court.
- Secured on behalf of a bank permanent injunctive relief and a six-figure monetary award in federal court pursuant to the Lanham Act against defendants who engaged in deceptive advertising.
- Successfully pursued on behalf of a magazine publisher multiple lawsuits in federal court against defendants who infringed the publisher’s copyrights.
- Obtained permanent injunctive relief and a six-figure monetary award on behalf of a sports photographer against a professional arena football team that infringed the photographer’s copyrights.
Complex Commercial Matters
The following are representative complex commercial matters in which Mr. Lyon successfully represented his clients:
- Counseled an excavation and grading company in connection with its negotiating and securing a multi-million-dollar highway construction contract.
- Successfully pursued a lawsuit on behalf of The Senator Theatre against an engineering firm arising from the defective design of an HVAC system.
- Obtained a constructive trust in favor of a Baltimore mosque after a multiple week trial thereby allowing its congregation to remain in possession of certain real property.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a lumber company and its majority shareholder who were accused of breaching a stockholder agreement by improperly valuing the repurchase price of certain stock.
- Successfully negotiated on behalf of a restauranteur resolution of a class action lawsuit asserting violations of the federal Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act
The following are representative employment litigation matters in which Mr. Lyon successfully represented his clients:
- Obtained a six-figure judgment against a software company on behalf of several programmers due to the company’s breach of employment agreements.
- Successfully negotiated on behalf of an HVACR company the resolution of a lawsuit asserting claims under the Fair Labor Standards Act for unpaid overtime.
- Successfully negotiated on behalf of a pest control company the resolution of an employee’s lawsuit asserting violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act and retaliatory discharge.
- Successfully negotiated on behalf of a pallet recycling company the resolution of an employee’s lawsuit asserting violations of Maryland’s Wage Payment and Collection Law and Wage and Hour Law.